- What types of information are collected from you when you access and/or use the Service?
- How is this information used?
- How is this information shared?
- What choices do you have about this information?
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under BDX’s control?
- What other provisions apply to your use of the Service?
Privacy at BDX
Builders Digital Experience, LLC
11900 Ranch Road 620 N
Austin, TX 78750-1345
Collection of Information from Children— The Service is not intended for children under the age of 13, and BDX does not knowingly collect any personal information from or allow the registration of anyone under the age of 13. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us using the information above.
- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We may collect certain non-personal and personally identifiable information from you when you visit or access the Service, including information you provide to us and information we collect automatically during your visit.
Registration— You may be required to register on the Service to use some of the resources available through the Service. We collect your personal information that you provide when you register, including, for instance, your name, address, e-mail address, a password, and phone number.
Optional Information— You may choose to provide information voluntarily at various other points during your use of the Service, for example, if you decide to include “favorite” images, communities, homes, or other content in your profile, if you decide to participate in a survey or a contest available on the Service, or if you decide to submit reviews, ratings, comments, feedback, or other user-submitted information that is submitted for publication on the Service or for distribution to our other websites and online services or to websites and online services of our affiliates or partners. You agree that these types of user-submitted information may be publicly displayed and may be freely shared and otherwise transferred by us. Use of these types of features of the Service that require you to provide additional information is completely voluntary on your part, and you may choose whether to disclose the information necessary to use these features of the Service.
- USE OF INFORMATION
BDX may use the information we collect from and about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- provide Services to you, such as the new home search, recommendations, matching services, home brochures, location of key resources, and other services;
- develop and improve new and existing Services;
- make recommendations and customize the Service to your interests and enhance your overall experience;
- communicate with you, either through BDX or third parties, regarding the Service, such as updates, new features, additional listings, and new BDX opportunities, which may be of interest to you;
- sell your information to the Builder or Builders from whom you have requested information;
- send emails and other communications to you and from you to others you have specified you want to collaborate with regarding various features of the Service;
- send you free informational newsletters or notices relating to topics which may be of special interest to you, including but not limited to, builders, product manufacturers, related advertisers, and general home shopping advice;
- perform internal business processes, such as analyzing data, conducting market research, and identifying trends or patterns;
- combine it with aggregated behavioral or other information from third parties for internal use and for sale to third parties for marketing purposes;
- deliver relevant and customized advertising to you (see Targeted Advertising, below for more information);
- comply with applicable law; and/or
- combat fraud.
BDX advertises online, such as through our Service and on other sites not affiliated with us, and offline, such as through call centers and direct marketing. So that we understand how advertising performs, we may collect certain information on our Service and other sites through our advertising service providers using cookies, IP addresses, and other technologies. The collected information may include the number of page visits, pages viewed on our Service, search engine referrals, browsing activities over time and across other sites following your visit to one of our Service or apps, and responses to advertisements and promotions on the Service and on sites and apps where we advertise.
We use the information collected, as described here, to help advertise our products and services in a variety of ways, such as:
- to present tailored ads;
- to analyze the performance of our Service and effectiveness of our ads; and
- to determine whether you might be interested in new products or services.
This means that we may use information about your relationship with us to help determine which advertisements or offers to present to you.
Online Behavioral Advertising
We or our advertising service providers may use certain information about your activities on our Service, such as pages visited and search key words entered to help determine which of our advertisements or offers may be of interest to you. We limit access and collection of information by advertising service providers for specific purposes. We may use this online information for online and offline advertising. Much of this information is aggregated and deidentified.
Some of our tailored ads are online behavioral advertising, and may be served using data collected by third party providers. Ads served on our behalf by these companies do not contain unencrypted personal information and we limit the use of information by companies that serve our ads.
- SHARING OF INFORMATION
During your use of the Service, such as during the registration process or in connection with specific offers, BDX asks you whether your personally identifiable information may be sent to third parties who have products, services, and opportunities which may be useful to you. If you give your permission to allow third parties to contact you, personal information about you (such as your contact information and other information collected during your visit to the Service) may be shared with individual users and other third parties that you have identified, as well as builders, product manufacturers, data aggregators, marketers (possibly in the form of list rental), and other organizations.
We may also share your personal information that we collect:
- with our affiliates;
- with your consent;
- with our third party service providers to the extent necessary to provide specific services (such as sending newsletters to our users on our behalf) requested by BDX;
- to fulfill the purposes for which you provided it;
- in the event that BDX sells, assigns or transfers some or all of its business to a successor or acquirer, BDX may sell, assign or transfer all of your information, regardless of your opt status, to such successor or acquirer; and/or
- as required by law or based on our good faith belief it is necessary or appropriate.
- YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES
Updating Your Information— You can update your personal information by clicking on the “Update Profile” or “My Account” link on the Service, or by following the instructions you receive from BDX.
Choice/Opt-out— BDX users are given the opportunity to “opt-out” from receiving specified types of communications from BDX by following the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of such communication.
Cookie Opt-Outs— If you want to disable cookies, you may block them by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse all or some cookies. You may also delete them after they have been placed on your hard drive. Please note, the functionality of the Service may be impaired or disabled if you delete or choose not to accept our cookies. For more information about cookies, please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
California Do Not Track Disclosures— Most browsers can be set to send “Do Not Track” signals to third-party websites requesting them not to track your online activities, which may require you to set your browser to permit cookies. We do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals at this time. For a description of “Do Not Track” information for browsers and mobile devices, and information about opt-out programs that third party advertising companies participate in, please visit: https://allaboutdnt.com/ or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Advertising on Third Party Sites— We participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) self-regulatory program and adhere to the DAA self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising.
BDX has security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and/or unauthorized alteration of the information under our control. You are the only user authorized to update your profile, unless you provide your password information to another party.
BDX helps protect personally identifiable information by utilizing both online and offline security methods, including firewalls, passwords and restricted physical access to the places where your information is stored. Our staff is trained to comply with our security procedures, and our security procedures are regularly reviewed and revised, if necessary, by the Privacy Team at BDX.
- OTHER PROVISIONS
California Residents— The State of California enacted the Shine the Light law (CA Civil Code Sec 198.83) that permits BDX customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding BDX’s disclosure of personal information during the past year for marketing purposes. Under the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA), California residents also have the right to instruct us not to sell their personal information to third parties, and have certain other rights such as the right to disclosure, the right to opt-out, the right to deletion and right to non-discrimination. To make a request to exercise these rights, please send an email to email@example.com.
please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nevada Residents—The State of Nevada enacted the Privacy of Information Collected on the Internet from Consumers Act that permits BDX customers who are Nevada residents to opt-out of the sale of their personal information, provided certain requirements of the statute are satisfied. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Updated November 10, 2019.